The JSC Vietnam Break Away Trip

The adventures of an alternative break team to the beautiful country of Vietnam, addressing post-war issues-- particularly landmine survivors.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Hue City

Hue is a little less electric with more open air than Ha Noi. It is quieter, and more colorful, less contrasted. The patterns and shapes of and within the streets exude a less abrasive aura. Still, I like it.

My last day in Ha Noi was unforgettable. I wandered off with my guitar; must'a packed up my clear-consciousness and left it on the hotel bed with my luggage, because I ended up lost as hell, running late. I will spare the details, but the experience is worth mention.

The first full day in Hue was really no better in terms of unplanned, uncontrollable, unwanted circumstances. Sickness hit me hard around lunchtime, and I spent the rest of the day trying to convince myself that I wasn't dying. Once again, I'll spare the details.

But every time I go outside of myself, to the cultural exchange, to the orphanage, to the bike/boat tour with the festival volunteers, I am humbled and grateful for this time here, and reminded of the need to SERVE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home