The JSC Vietnam Break Away Trip

The adventures of an alternative break team to the beautiful country of Vietnam, addressing post-war issues-- particularly landmine survivors.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

More bottles of water than I ever dreamed possible

The packed streets and sidewalks of Ha Noi are seething with cyclical movements of energy. People, produce, bicycles, and motor bikes, meats, pots and a certain pipe all beg me to touch, listen, and indulge in every flavor. This country is that exciting.

Few words come to mind at the ready to describe this experience as of yet. My mind is twisted, thumping, ready for some mild sedation. My body moves as a spinning shadow amidst a backdrop of chaotic darkness and flashes of light; and I like it.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger J Piac said...

Ouch. Feeling a little pang of Vietnam Home Sickness reading your blogs. Keep up the wonderful descriptions of your experiences! You'll treasure all these words even more when you get home and a year later are sitting like some fat cat behind a computer while little covert teams of alternative breakers shake the world.

 
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so moved by everthing all of you have written so far. Your words just let the experience seep out of the computer screen. I'm so happy that it already feels so enriching... my bet is that this type of beginning means the trip is destined to be great. Keep writing!
Andy Kelly (JSC Counseling Center Director)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home